Friday, June 17, 2005

I hate practicing but I love having practiced.

I hate practicing but I love having practiced. Nothing will get you to where you want to be faster than practicing. Not to be confused w/ "playing", practicing is a focusing on spending 5-10-30 minutes...on one thing & one thing only. Wynton Marsalis's simple practice advice works for your guitar as well as his trumpet.
http://abel.hive.no/trumpet/practice/WYNTON_MARSALIS_RULES.html

I get great results when i practice one thing at a time using a metronome.
I know your thinking " Dude If I asked Keith Richards if he used a metronome he's say something like "Oh Yhea, metronome, that's what I used to kick Heroin with..." ". Lousy Joke…
But seriously, nothing will tell you faster, if you’re in or our or where your chops are like that annoying little click.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you suck!!