Friday, June 24, 2005

Dixie Bosco's Guitar Blog

Dixie Bosco's Guitar Blog

Inspiration

Inspiration is that X factor that you cannot practice play or schedule. It’s an elusive passion, which makes or breaks a player. Listeners always know when they are hearing an "uninspired" performance don’t they. And many descriptions of great performances center around a difficult to quantify energy that came across no doubt as a result of the player’s inspiration. It cannot be bottled or switched on or off. W/o it you drift on dead calm waters writing w/ no wind in sight. With it you’re writing & singing and doing it all. I seek it in everything around me. But mostly i try to be curious and as passionate in life as i can be and i hope it finds me. I’m looking REAL hard for something to pull the music out of me.

No comments: